Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Who's my pretty baby?


Tres and I have been (finally) getting some things up on the walls, now that we've organized and arranged the larger things around here. I just hung the photo above and thought it was worth sharing. I came across it a few years ago at my parents' house and I just think it's kind of amazing (they're all so serious, yet she's holding a baby goat on her lap!). The little baby is my grandfather (my mother's father), being held by his mother. I don't know who any of the other people are, although I assume that they're other family members (one of the young ladies on the far left is likely his older sister, the one sitting looks a little more like her to me). I'd guess it's 1918, based on my grandfather's age, so during World War I (hence the dirth of males in the photo). I find photos from this time so enigmatic. I guess it's the serious faces and the posing (rather than more candid/action shots), but they make me so curious about their daily lives and what was going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment