Friday, January 11, 2013

Bright copper kettles

HAPPY WEEKEND!



We had a little flurry this morning and are
possibly due some more snow this weekend 

Something delicious: We had these for breakfast last Sunday. It was a little tricky mixing at first (our mixer was much happier once we switched the paddle out for the dough hook, but maybe that's just us) and we subbed turbinado sugar for the big chunks (it's what we had), but otherwise we followed the recipe quite faithfully. I'm seriously digging on this cookbook so far (see, I told you I'd be writing about it again).

Something neat: Tres and I have listened to a few of their shows and it's pretty fun. I especially recommend it for unwinding at the end of the day, perhaps with a warm and/or relaxing beverage?

Something to read: We received this from some dear friends for Christmas and have really been enjoying it. It covers a lot of the useful basics of farm life in a manner that is appealing to both adults and children, aided in no small part by stupendous drawings, and is just plain entertaining. While it is, of course, directly relevant to our lives, I think it could be engaging and interesting to anyone who picked it up.

Something to make: I've been looking at this for awhile. I think I'd like to have one in the living room at night, but it would also make a neat nightlight for a child or a useful aid/project for teaching children about constellations.

Better throw in a picture of this guy too

No comments:

Post a Comment