Friday, April 12, 2013

Silver white winters that melt into springs

HAPPY WEEKEND!
 We attended the wonderfully happy wedding of a dear, dear friend
last weekend - hats were crafted, old friends were reunited, copious
amounts of cake were consumed - I never wanted it to end

Something delicious: Homemade yogurt is really delicious, but after a couple of unsuccessful attempts, I haven't made any in a few years. These ideas make me super excited to try again. I gave the crock pot method a go and wasn't completely satisfied, but I think I can tweak my technique and make it work. More updates to come.


Something neat: I found this quite entertaining and adorable - Maurice Sendak!


Something to read: Ok, this isn't a book for reading so much as making, but it really is a good one. If you want to sew things for small people, I can't recommend anything more highly. The directions are clear and easy to follow and the resulting products are sturdy and finished beautifully. Each project I try makes me like the author more. If you're interested in seeing more, check out some of the projects other people have made from it.

Something to make: Our hats above are loosely based on this tutorial. I wish the directions were a bit clearer, but it's easy enough to experiment and figure it out. None of us used the headbands suggested - Anna crafted her own (incredible) pill box hat, Erica made a sort of mesh from floral wire, and I attached mine to a comb, so lots of interpretation/creativity is possible.


Dapper gentlemen at the wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment