Monday, April 29, 2013

That's where it's at, pretty baby

Had this all ready to go on Friday and. . . didn't post it. Well, hope you all had a
HAPPY WEEKEND!


Yay, baby rhubarb (thanks, Jessie!)

Whew, Tres has been unexpectedly away this week and I've been trying hard to keep up with everything (tomato seedlings, bees, chickens, oh, and that little kid) while maintaining a semblance of sanity (jury's still currently out on that one). That guy does a lot around here, let's just say. I hope that all is well with all of you and that you have a wonderful weekend!

Something delicious: Ok, this is another one that I haven't actually made yet, but I'm pretty sure it's a winner. Bienenstich wasn't one of the German staples we made growing up, but a treat we encountered at the local German bakery and, on a few lucky occasions, in Germany. Lacking any German food, other than what we make ourselves, where we live now, I'm excited at the prospect of trying it myself. With all of the talk about  bees around here, it also seems timely.


Something neat: This company basically makes you into your own mini recycling center for hard to recycle products. You collect a certain number or weight of a particular item and then send them in (usually for free). How sweet is that?


Something to read: I read this about a month ago and found it quite fascinating and, unsurprisingly, disheartening. Reading it has had me thinking a lot more about my consumption, both clothing and otherwise, lately, which is certainly not a bad thing.


Something to make: Every day, I look at the homemade (not by me) bar of soap I'm using (which I love, but is decidedly pricey) and think: I should really learn how to make soap. Well, I guess that our friend Becky was receiving my thought transmissions, because she emailed me last week to ask if I'd ever made soap and to recommend this recipe. I know that my aunt has some experience with this, so I'm going to pick her brain too. Off to find myself a cheap immersion blender and get cracking!



No comments:

Post a Comment