Saturday, March 30, 2013

Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes

HAPPY WEEKEND!


After some very cold nights and blustery days, we've been having some beautiful sun these past few days and it's been feeling gloriously as though winter is officially over. I'd hate to jinx it, so I'll just acknowledge that it's felt pretty wonderful.

We've inadvertently gained a new rooster - I didn't
get a picture in time, but this* looks a lot like him

Something delicious: This is currently in the kitchen rising (in my first attempt), so I can't vouch for this particular recipe, but I can tell you that tsoureki is super delicious and that I'm excited to try baking the whole eggs into it.

Something neat: Something about spring in particular makes me nostalgic for John Denver (maybe it's because I have "The Garden Song" on my mind?). This has some really nice covers on it (and some that aren't great, I won't lie), but it mostly makes me want to put on one of our John Denver albums.

Something to read:  Warm weather always puts me in the mood for some Jeeves and Wooster. There's just something about Wooster's frivolities and the hijinks that ensue that make these stories perfect for warm weather reading. I think I may need to get my hands on this for the summer.

Something to make: I love Kata Golda and this is pretty much the cutest. I made one for Silas for tomorrow.

Another from the egg hunt, he was so excited!

*Rooster photo is from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment