Monday, March 7, 2011

When I hear that robin sing, well I know it's coming on spring

We've been having our first spring-like weather around here this weekend and the animals seem to responding right on cue. First, this from our chickens:


It's hard to get a full sense of scale, but it's super tiny, maybe half the size of a large egg you would buy at the grocery store. Suffice to say, we're super excited and hope this means we'll be starting to get a regular supply soon. Next, the neighbors' first pregnant goat (of 3) had twins on Saturday and we got to see them when they were about an hour old. Unfortunately, I did not think to bring my camera, but you have my word, they were the tiniest, cutest goats I have ever seen.


Tres and I planted the first plants in the garden on Saturday - garlic we had started up by the pump house. He also put up an electric "fence," to keep out the jackrabbits and next weekend we will get serious and plant our first seeds. We should also get our building permit this week, which means we can start pouring the foundation in the next week or two.


I won't lie, a small part of me wanted to title this post after a certain
"Ren and Stimpy" song, for those of you who came of age at that time

Hooray for new beginnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment