Monday, May 7, 2012

Serve it up nice and hot, maybe things aren't as bad as you thought

We had a lovely weekend here yesterday and Saturday, with some warm spring sun after a week of cooler-than-is-typical weather (I know, the last time I posted I was talking about how hot it was here; what can I say: the weather, she is fickle). We celebrated by picking up some rhubarb at the first farmer's market of the year (and baking a pie!) and doing some work in the garden.


I fully intended to take a photo of the lovely pie
in it's entirety, but here we are. . .

Silas made his first foray down into the garden yesterday. It was pretty fun watching him take it all in, looking around at all of the plants, watching Tres water, and feeling the dirt with his hands and feet.



He only maintained his sunny mood for about 20 minutes, before he decided he'd had enough. Still, it was a good first attempt and I was able to get a few tomato plants in the ground before we headed in. Maybe next time we'll try him riding on my back.

dirty as any respectable farmer

No comments:

Post a Comment