Sunday, May 1, 2011

And we've got to get ourselves back to the garden


Tres and I took advantage of the beautiful day here today to do some work in the garden together. We weeded, re-planted a few things that went in perhaps a bit too early the first time, and (most exciting for me) planted 8 dahlia bulbs. I've never been much for puttering around in the yard and Tres is really the garden aficionado around here (although I am learning and certainly always enjoy the fruits of our labors), but I've always loved dahlias and am SUPER excited to be growing my own this year. I ordered my bulbs from Swan Island Dahlias, the largest dahlia grower in the US., located about 20 miles from where I grew up. I hope to have my own beautiful pictures to share come late summer, but for now these lovelies I found online will have to do.*



*These photos were taken at the farm where I purchased my bulbs, by this photographer: http://www.pbase.com/patrick_allender/swan_island_dahlias&page=all

No comments:

Post a Comment