Saturday, April 2, 2011

I'll light the fire, while you put the flowers in the vase that you bought today

Boy, did construction get started here this week. Looking through these photos, it's a little hard even for me to believe all of this happened in a week. While I know the work on the inside will be much slower, it's been super exciting to see real progress so quickly.

Day 1


the floor joists are in
Day 2


subflooring and outer wall framing installed
Day 3




inner walls framed and outer walls covered (all cat approved)


Day 4



roof trusses started, windows delivered


Day 5






roof trusses completed and covered, (some) outer walls covered, windows installed


It's been fun to walk through and really have a sense of the size and layout of the rooms and see views out of the windows (especially for those of us for whom spatial visualization is not a strong suit). The idea that we'll be living there someday is incomprehensible and bit magical to me right now (I imagine telling me that I'd just won the lottery would probably elicit a similar feeling). Flush toilets AND unlimited hot water with reasonable pressure? The heck you say.

2 comments:

  1. I'd sleep the crap out of that floor baby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to get you too excited, but I suspect there will even be a bed for guests, although you are of course always welcome to the floor. : )

    ReplyDelete